Using GIS to Determine Potential Sites for a Low Level Hazardous Waste Landfill in North Carolina
This report is presented in five segments:
- Project Proposal- This section provides a brief overview of the problem and preliminary goals.
- Project Background- This section provides a more detailed background of landfill siting and the potential role of GIS.
- Methods Used- This is a detailed explanation of the procedure used to accomplish this project (including arc/info commands and Arcview procedures used). This section is useful to those who wish to expand on this project or create a similar project.
- Analysis and Conclusions-Here is the results of the project. A light explanation of the procedures detailed in the methods section is presented. In addition, conclusions are presented.
- Data Dictionary/Bibliography-A table summarizing all data coverages and tables used in this project. In addition a list of sources references is provided.
Back to my home page
Back to Dr. Maidment's home page