Script Detailed Description
This script displays the emissions level at each node. It defines 4 ranges of emissions values and colors the node by which the range which corresponds to its emissions level. The script offers the user two options for display: display by relative emissions values or by absolute emissions values.
This color-coded display is created through manipulating the theme's legend. The main steps to defining an appropriate legend are:
- Get the legend
- Set two colors. A color ramp is created between these colors.
- Set the legend type
- Indicate which field in the table is being used and how these values will be divided
- Set the size of the displayed points
- Define the ranges
- Relative emissions values
Find the maximum and minimum emissions which occur. Take the difference and divide it by 4. Define the ranges using this interval.
- Absolute emissions values
Define 4 ranges by some previously defined interval. Presently, an interval size of 3 is used. This value will almost certainly change. It will vary by chemical if data can be found.
- Update the legend
Key Avenue commands used:
Return to main document