Term Project Outline
CE 397 GIS in Water Resources
University of Texas at Austin
Building a river database and
using the ArcView application BALANCE to analyze point source polution
by Mark C. Graves
Fig. 1: Animated simple River BALANCE model.
Very much a work in progress but here is the general idea.
- Develop a river database
- Integrate point source pollution data into
the river database
- Use BALANCE to develop a dispersion model
for the point source pollution
Expected Results and Knowledge
- Better understanding of ArcVeiw operation
- Knowledge and experience in using ArcView's
Avenue programming language
- Understanding and application of ArcView application
- A working model for river point source dispersion
Test of Netscapes ability to bring in works files. I hope this works.
It seems to be very difficult to
bring in text from outside Netscape.
Term Project - Progress!!!
Back to my
to the Course Home Page