Printing from the Alpha Machines
In order to print a layout from the alpha machines, you need to
have an IF account validated for UTS (University of Texas Services).
Assuming you have such an account, the procedure is:
Thats it. If there are more problems, let me know.
- Go to the LRC Home page and get the instructions for printing on
the alpha machines. Follow these instructions to associate your
IF account and your alpha account.
- With Arcview open and the Layout window active, choose
File/Export on the Project window. You will presented with a
dialog box in which you specify the name and type of the file
you want to export and the directory to which it should be
exported. Choose "PostScript(EPS)" as the file type.
- From the regular Decterm command window, print the file
$ rlpr filename
where file name is the name given to the file in Step 2 including the .eps
extension that is assigned automatically.
- The printout will be produced in the main reception area
of the LRC.
- When you have a satisfactory printout, be sure to delete the
EPS file because these are very large files and will quickly clog
your allowable file space. Remove the file by using: