Term Project Outline
CE 394K Surface Water Hydrology
University of Texas at Austin
Hydrologic Investigations in Austin, Texas
by Christine Dartiguenave email@example.com
This term project outline presents :
- The project's objectives
- The information sources
- The expected results in terms of knowledge gained or
- Project's objective
The purpose of this project is to explore in depth some aspects
of surface water hydrology. As a graduate assistant, I am already
involved in a research project on water quality assessment
for the city of Austin. So I have naturally enough chosen to focus on Austin
My goal is to get some data in order to build some models for :
- The watershed characteristics (land use, run-off, concentration...).
- The prediction of future nonpoint source (NPS) loading.
My main information sources will be :
This project will be beneficial at three different levels :
- I will become familiar with
GIS (Geographic Information System), since I need to use such
softwares as Arc Info and Arcview.
- I will learn to do analyses since I have to create some models based on the result of my investigations.
- And I will really know what I may expect to find in Austin surface water.
Return to the Course Home Page