- Alley, W.M., "On The Treatment Of Evapotranspiration,
Soil Moisture Accounting, and Aquifer Recharge in Monthly Water
Balance Models," Water Resources Research, 20,1137-1149,1984
- Arnell, N.W., "Grid Mapping of River Discharge,"
Journal of Hydrology, 167, 39-56, 1995.
- ASCE, Evapotranspiration and Irrigation Water
Requirements, Jensen, M.E., R.D. Burman, and R.G. Allen (editors),
ASCE Manuals and Reports on Engineering Practice No. 70, 1990.
- Atkinson, S.F., J.R. Thomlinson, B.A. Hunter,
J.M. Coffey, and K.L. Dickson, "The DRASTIC Groundwater Pollution
Potential of Texas," prepared by The Center for Remote Sensing
and Landuse Analyses Institute of Applied Sciences, University
of North Texas, Denton, Texas, September, 1992.
- Atkinson, S.F., J.R. Thomlinson, "An Examination
of Ground Water Pollution Potential Through GIS Modeling,"
ASPRS/ACSM Annual Convention and Exposition : Technical Papers,
Reno, Nevada, 1994.
- Brubaker, K.L., D. Entekhabi, and P.S. Eagleson,
"Atmospheric Water Vapor Transport and Continental Hydrology
over the Americas," Journal of Hydrology, 155,
- Brutsaert, W., Evaporation into the Atmosphere:
Theory, History, and Applications, D. Reidel Publishing Company,
Dordrecht, Holland, 1982.
- Chow, V.T., D.R. Maidment, and L.W. Mays, Applied
Hydrology, McGraw-Hill, Inc., New York, NY, 1988.
- Church, M. R., G.D. Bishop, and D.L. Cassell,
"Maps of Regional Evapotranspiration and Runoff/Precipitation
Ratios in the Northeast United States," Journal of Hydrology,
168, 283-298, 1995.
- Daly, C., R. Neilson, and D. Phillips, "A
Statistical-Topographic Model for Mapping Climatological Precipitation
over Mountainous Terrain," Journal of Applied Meteorology
, 33, 2, February 1994.
- Darnell, W.L., W.F. Staylor, S.K. Gupta, N.A.
Ritchey, and A.C. Wilber, "Seasonal Variation of Surface
Radiation Budget Derived from ISCCP-C1 Data," J. Geophysical.
Res., 97, 15741-15760, 1992.
- Darnell, W.L., W.F. Staylor, S.K. Gupta, N.A.
Ritchey, and A.C. Wilber, "A Global Long-term Data Set of
Shortwave and Longwave Surface Radiation Budget," GEWEX
News, 5, No.3, August 1995.
- Dingman, S.L., Physical Hydrology, Prentice
Hall, Inc., Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1994.
- Dugas, W.A., and C.G. Ainsworth, Agroclimatic
Atlas of Texas, Part 6: Potential Evapotranspiration, Report
MP 1543, Texas Agricultural Experiment Station, College Station,
- Dyck, S., "Overview on the Present Status
of the Concepts of Water Balance Models," New Approaches
in Water Balance Computations (Proceedings of the Hamburg
Workshop), IAHS Publ. No. 148, 1983.
- Dunne, K.A., and C.J. Willmott, "Global
Distribution of Plant-extractable Water Capacity of Soil,"
International Journal of Climatology, 16, 841-859, 1996.
- "Global Energy and Water Cycle Experiment
(GEWEX) News," World Climate Research Programme, August,
1995, V. 5, No. 3.
- Gutman, G., and L. Rukhovetz, "Towards Satellite-Derived
Global Estimation of Monthly Evapotranspiration Over Land Surfaces,"
Adv. Space Res., 18, No. 7, 67-71, 1996.
- Hydrodata CD-ROM, "NCDC Summary of the Day
- West 2," Hydrosphere, Boulder, CO, 1994.
- Hydrodata CD-ROM, "USGS Daily Values - West
2," Hydrosphere, Boulder, CO, 1994.
- Kreyszig, E., Advanced Engineering Mathematics,
7th Edition, John Wiley and Sons, Inc., 1993.
- Legates, D.R., and Willmott, C.J., "Mean
Seasonal and Spatial Variability in Gauge-Corrected, Global Precipitation,"
International Journal of Climatology, 10, 111-127,
- Lullwitz, T. and A. Helbig, "Grid Related
Estimates of Streamflow within the Weser River Basin, Germany,"
Modeling and Management of Sustainable Basin-scale Water Resource
Systems, Symposium Proceedings, Boulder, Colorado, IAHS Publ.
No. 231, 1995.
- Maidment, D.R., "GIS and Hydrologic Modeling
- an Assessment of Progress,"
- Maidment, D.R., F. Olivera, Z. Ye, S. Reed, and
D.C. McKinney, "Water Balance of the Niger Basin," accepted
for publication in the Proceedings of the ASCE North American
Water and Environment Congress '96, Anaheim, CA, 1996.
- Manabe, Syukuro, "Climate and the Ocean
Circulation: I. The Atmospheric Circulation and the Hydrology
of the Earth's Surface," Monthly Weather Review, 97,
No. 11, Nov. 1969.
- Mather, J.R., The Climatic Water Budget,
Lexington Books, 1972.
- Mintz, Y., and Serafini, Y.V., "A Global
Monthly Climatology of Soil Moisture and Water Balance,"
Climate Dynamics, 8, 13-27, 1992.
- Mintz, Y., and G.K. Walker, "Global Fields
of Soil Moisture and Land Surface Evapotranspiration Derived from
Observed Precipitation and Surface Air Temperature," J.
Applied. Meteor., 32, 1305-1334, 1993.
- Oki, T., K. Musiake, H. Matsuyama, K. Masuda,
"Global Atmospheric Water Balance and Runoff from Large River
Basins," Scale Issues in Hydrological Modeling, Chapter
24, 411-434, 1994.
- Patoux, Jerome, "Atmospheric Water Balance
of Texas," Departmental Report, Environmental and Water Resources
Engineering, University of Texas at Austin, December 1994.
- Penman, H.L., "Natural Evaporation from
Open Water, Bare Soil and Grass," Proc. R. Soc. London,
Ser. A, 193, 120-145, 1948.
- Priestley, C.H.B., and R.J. Taylor, "On
the Assessment of Surface Heat Flux and Evaporation Using Large-Scale
Parameters," Monthly Weather Review, 100, No.
2, 81-92, February 1972.
- Rasmusson, E.M., "Atmospheric Water Vapor
Transport and the Water Balance of North America: Part 1. Characteristics
of the Water Vapor Flux Field," Monthly Weather Review,
95, 7, pp. 403-426, July 1967.
- Saunders, W.K., and D.R. Maidment, "A GIS
Assessment of Nonpoint Source Pollution in the San Antonio-Nueces
Coastal Basin," Online Report 96-1, Center for Research in
Water Resources, University of Texas at Austin.
- Shuttleworth, J.W., "Evaporation,"
Handbook of Hydrology, D.R. Maidment Editor, McGraw-Hill, Inc.,
- Shiklomanov, A., and A.A. Sokolov, "Methodological
Basis of World Water Balance Investigation and Computation,"
New Approaches in Water Balance Computations (Proceedings
of the Hamburg Workshop), IAHS Publ. No. 148, 1983.
- Smith, P.H., "Hydrologic Data Development
System," Master's Thesis, University of Texas at Austin,
- Snyder, J.P., "Map Projections a Working
Manual," Professional Paper 1395, U.S. Geological Survey,
Washington, D.C., 1987.
- Thornthwaite, C.W., "An Approach Toward
a Rational Classification of Climate," Geographical Review,
38, 55-94, 1948.
- TBWE Bulletin 6001, "Surface Runoff from
Texas Watersheds and Basins," by Lockwood, Andrews, and Newman
Consulting Engineers for the Texas Board of Water Engineers, February,
- TDWR Report LP-192, "Climatic Atlas of Texas,"
Larkin, T.J. and G.W. Bomar, December 1983.
- TWDB Report 64, "Monthly Reservoir Evaporation
Rates for Texas 1940 through 1965," Kane, J.W., October,
- TWDB Report 189, "Major and Historical Springs
of Texas," Brune, G., March, 1975.
- TWDB Report 238, "Groundwater Availability
in Texas : Estimates and Projections through 2030," Muller,
D.A., and Price, R.D. 1979.
- TWDB, "Water for Texas Today and Tomorrow,"
- TWDB, "Monthly Reservoir Evaporation Rates
for Texas Using GIS THEVAP Model," August, Rodriguez, A.,
- Ward, G.H., "A Water Budget for the State
of Texas with Climatological Forcing," Texas Journal of
Science, 45, No. 3, 249-264, 1993.
- Whitlock et al., "First Global WCRP
Shortwave Surface Radiation Budget Data Set," Bull. Amer.
Meteor. Soc., 76, 6, 905-922, 1995.
- Willmott, C.J., "WATBUG: A FORTRAN IV Algorithm
for Calculating the Climatic Water Budget," Publications
in Climatology, 30, 2, 1977.
- Willmott, C.J., C.M. Rowe, and Y. Mintz, "Climatology
of the Terrestrial Seasonal Water Cycle," Journal of Climatology,
5, 589-606, 1985.
- Wilm, H.G., C.W. Thornthwaite, E.A. Colman, N.W.
Cummings, A.R. Croft, H.T. Gisborne, S.T. Harding, A.H. Hendrickson,
M.D. Hoover, I.E. Houk, J. Kittredge, C.H. Lee, C.G. Rossby, T.
Saville, and C.A. Taylor, "Report of the Committee on Transpiration
and Evaporation, 1943-44," Transactions, American
Geophysical Union, 25, 683, 1944.