Venturi Tube Simulation
THIS INTERACTIVE JAVA APPLET WAS DEVELOPED AT UT AUSTIN BY Lino Geo Lino Bailey, UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF PROFESSOR. Spyros A. Kinnas, 1998.
PERMISSION TO LINK TO THIS JAVA APPLET AND TO DOWNLOAD OR TO USE THE RELATED JAVA SOURCE CODE, MUST BE GRANTED BY PROFESSOR Spyros A. Kinnas ( firstname.lastname@example.org ).
- To understand the application of Bernoulli equation
- Inviscid, incompressible flow; fluid: water (density=1000 Kg/m^3)
- Uniform velocity profile at stations 1 and 2
- Hydrostatic pressures are ignored
- Change the venturi tube radius by dragging the square yellow handle on the venturi up and down.
- Enter a value for the venturi tube radius between 2.5 and 6 cm.
- Change the flow rate by dragging the square yellow handle on the flow vector horizontally.
- Enter a value for the flow rate between 4000 and 7000 cm^3/s.
- Translate the entire venturi tube around the screen by dragging the circular yellow handle near the middle.
"There is an initial double buffering delay of about 4 seconds when the applet starts."