Welcome message from our current President
Hello and welcome to the Intelligent Transportation Society Student Chapter at the University of Texas at Austin! We are a student organization standing for the promotion of Intelligent Transportation Systems and related applications both in the industry and academia. We are part of the greater family of ITS Texas and ITS America, our state and national parent organizations respectively. In our website you can find all related information about our mission and objectives, chapter history, membership, current officers and members, as well as on past and future activities. We hope you enjoy it!
W. Jared Wall
President of ITS at UT
ITS Mission Statement
The Intelligent Transportation Society of America, better known as ITS America, is a forum in which industry, government, and academia meet to build consensus on fostering, developing, and deploying Intelligent Vehicle-Highway Systems. The society's mission is to help evolve a significantly safer, cleaner, more productive, and more competitive U.S. transportation system. To this end, the Society promotes public-private-academic partnerships and co-operations in the ITS community. According to the Intelligent Transportation Society of Texas, better known as ITS Texas, their mission is to "enhance the safety and mobility of the state’s transportation system through knowledge sharing on industry innovation, technologies, and deployments, and by providing education opportunities for the next generation." For more information, visit http://itstexas.org/
ITS at UT, the ITS student chapter at The University of Texas, is one of the more than 90 student chapters that provide additional opportunities for information exchange, participation, and networking. This chapter is organized and operated by students under the supervision of the professors in the Transportation Division of the Civil, Environmental, and Architectural Engineering Department at The University of Texas at Austin.
ITS Mission Goals
- Promote and cultivate student awareness, interest and research in the ITS movement related transportation studies at The University of Texas at Austin.
- Introduce students to the Intelligent Transportation Society of Texas and the Intelligent Transportation Society of America.
- Promote student leadership through officer duties assigned by position, but also through exploration of other activities.
- Encourage social activities and community service for students in transportation engineering.
- Connect students with the ITS community and professionals in all facets of transportation engineering through speaking engagements and other activities.
- Provide the means for students interested in ITS and their prospective employers to come together.