M.S. DegreePHD DegreeAdditional Requirements
seminarsGraduate CoursesUndergraduate CoursesOther Courses
Environmental and Water Resources Engineering - The University of Texas - College of Engineering
Apply Online
EWRE Programs

EWRE students can pursue the Master of Science (M.S.) degree or the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degree. These programs have separate degree requirements.

M.S. Degree
The M.S. degree can be designated in EWRE or Civil Engineering; the degree requirements are identical and it is the student's choice which degree to seek. Students who do not have an undergraduate degree in engineering must pursue the Civil Engineering degree so that they can be eligible for professional licensure subsequently.

Ph.D. Degree
The Ph.D. degree is primarily a research degree; students with a high degree of intellectual curiosity who hope to create new knowledge in the field, as well as have a deeper understanding of the existing knowledge of the field, are encouraged to pursue the Ph.D.

Additional Requirements
Students without an undergraduate degree in engineering can be admitted to the graduate program but must satisfy additional coursework requirements. This list of additional requirements is designed to ensure that graduates know fundamental engineering principles and can be registered as professional engineers.

M.S. Degree  |  Ph.D. Degree  |  Additional Requirements for Non-Engineers